11.24.2015

Its been so long by now you're more there than anywhere else.

Its hard to tell
If its because of what we had,
Or because the mind works in astonishing ways.
But I've learned
That if you go deep enough,
You can feel It.
You can remember the shape of his head on your hands,
The way his lips, always chapped, moved roughly against yours.
You remember how the freckles sounded to your fingers.
You remember the taste it leaves to caress his skin.

Even if looking back is overrated,
It's a cliché in which we all fall.
And some afternoons,
when the sun is setting,
And you can smell the warmth it radiates,
I remember it was by your very actions and thoughts,
By the way you taught me how i should love myself,
That my eyes learned to see it all like this,
For i am all,
all being one.

The scars left behing are all healed up,
My mind is free, my brain can see.
And even though some chapters of the story
Got lost somewhere along the way,
Those are not forgotten.
I wear them on my vessel,
Proudly everyday;
They rest in peace,
running like ink through my skin,
And with every heartbeat,
I keep them alive.