2.09.2024

Let us be God.

 Let us be a sanctuary, a sacred place to call our own.

I'll worship the crook of your neck, and you the constellations in my back.

We'll be like falling water in a burning forest, 

A soft breeze beneath the summer's burning sky.

Hold a light for me; I'll hold your hand throughout this life

and if you let me, on all the ones to come.

A sacred place where we can always come back,

We'll make the earth tremble every time.

Let us weightlessly gravitate towards each other,

for you and I will always be entwined.

We'll mold each other like we're made of clay,

Weaving a home out of your hair, love seeping through my bones.

No amount of time will ever add up for us to transpire out of this.

And as the limit fades, there's no way to tell

where it is that you end, and where I begin.

We will forever be a work in progress, 

hoisting higher every time our skin converges.

Nothing will own us, igniting fires as we go;

golden and wooden eyes bursting through the flames.

Let us play God, for we are it, scaring tissue covered in grace;

grinning at the reflection of our own hands

grasping lightly at this life.

May we never forget to fill this Temple's crevices with light.

May we always find refuge inside our arms.